Facebook Fan Page ::https://www.facebook.com/prapasara.blog

03 มีนาคม 2555

Switzerland Visa Information

Switzerland Visa Information

Learn4good provides general information on study, travel, work visa and business visa requirements and the addresses of embassies worldwide. You should contact your local embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information or visa forms.

For Hotels, Hostels, Car Hire, Jobs and Schools in this country, see the menu options above. See our Travel Forum to create a travel topic and ask questions to fellow travelers.

Who requires a visa?

Switzerland has joined Schengen zone and became 25-th country – the participant of visa-free moving agreement. Under the Schengen agreement, transiting from one country to another within the Schengen area is done without border controls. The current Schengen area is composed of the following countries – Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

Visa required for the airport transit
Citizens of the following states are required to hold an airport visa:
• Afghanistan
• Angola
• Bangladesh
• Cameroon
• Congo (dem. Republic)
• Eritrea
• Ethiopia
• Ghana
• Guinea
• India
• Iran
• Iraq
• Lebanon
• Nigeria
• Pakistan
• Sierra Leone
• Somalia
• Sri Lanka
• Turkey

Visa is required for stays up to 3 months (90 days) by the nationals of the following countries:

Burkina Faso
Cape Verde
Central African Republic
Congo (Brazzaville)
Congo (Democratic Republic)
Côte d’Ivoire
Dominican Republic
Equatorial Guinea
Hong Kong*
Marshall Islands
Myanmar (Burma)
Northern Mariana Islands
North Korea
Papua New Guinea
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Salomon Islands
Samoa (West)
Sao Tomé and Principe
Saudi Arabia
Sierra Leone
South Africa
South Korea
Sri Lanka
Trinad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
Vanuatu (New Hebres)
Vietnam Yemen

* The following documents are valid for entry into Switzerland:

• Hong Kong Special Administrative Region People’s Republic of China Passport (HKSAR Passport); visa exemption – V1
• Hong Kong British National Overseas Passport (BNO Passport); visa exemption – V1
• Hong Kong Certificate of Identity; obligation to hold a visa – V
• Document of Identity for visa purposes containing under the heading “nationality” the entry “Chinese.” In this case, the document is a Chinese passport. (If holder’s nationality is not mentioned, the document is not valid for entry into Switzerland.); obligation to hold a visa – V
(The “Hong Kong British Dependent Territories Citizens Passport” is not valid anymore for entry into Switzerland.)

What documents will be required?

For student visas, the following documents are required:
1. 3 copies of completed application form.
2. 4 passport-size photographs (undamaged and of recent date).
3. Passport or travel document valid for at least 3 months after intended visit.
4. 3 copies of the passport including the signature page.
5. Return/onward ticket and visa for next country of destination if required.
6. Proof of sufficient funds in the form of a recent bank statement.

1. The visa application must be submitted to the Swiss Embassy/Consulate covering your place of residence.
2. You must be in possession of sufficient financial means to cover your cost of living in Switzerland.
3. The Swiss Embassy/Consulate may demand a declaration of guarantee.
4. You may not take up employment during your stay in Switzerland without the required permit nor take up studies exceeding a period of three months.
5. A student permit is valid for the length of the study period.

Residence permits are awarded to students who wish to study in Switzerland under the following conditions:
a. The applicant is coming to Switzerland alone
b. The applicant wants to attend a university or some other institution of higher learning
c. The program of studies is fixed
d. The institution attests in writing that the applicant has been accepted for studies
e. The applicant proves necessary financial means
f. The applicant guarantees departure from Switzerland at the end of studies.

Formalities to complete in Switzerland for all foreign students:
1. You must present yourself within ten days of arrival to the appropriate in the town where you will be living with the following documents:
i. Passport (with student visa, if required)
ii. Statement of arrival provided by the bureau of foreigners
iii. Student questionnaire provided by the bureau of foreigners
iv. Proof of acceptance from the school
v. 1 recent passport-style photo
vi. Proof of financial means for the duration of studies, or
vii. Proof of Swiss or foreign financial aid, with the amount indicated, or
viii. Guarantee from parents (form available from the bureau of foreigners). This must be completed by the father or mother, certified by local authorities, and accompanied by a permanent wire transfer order, or
ix. Guarantee from a third party (form available from the bureau of foreigners). The guarantor must live in Switzerland and prove sufficient financial means for the student’s upkeep. The guarantor’s signature must be notarized by the local authorities.
x. The request for a residence permit will not be processed until all documents are submitted. Cost of residence permit is for 1 semester 15 to 22 ($US), for 2 semesters 18 to 25 ($US)

2. After matriculating in the university, you must pay fees for the first semester. You will not be definitively registered until you have done this and received the receipt by post. With this receipt, you must visit the town authorities a second time to prove that you are officially registered in the university.

Time required to issue a visa:

The procedure usually takes between 6–8 weeks, sometimes longer, depending on the season. We therefore recommend you submit your application as early as possible.

What is the cost of a visa?
Visa application fee in cash or postal orders:
£50.00, adults
£30.00, children aged 6-12
£30.00, nationals of Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
There is no visa fee for the following applicants:
– minors under the age of 6 years
– school pupils, students and accompanying teachers on study or educational trips
– Researchers
– spouses and children of EU nationals
Proof of relationship is required (original passport of EU spouse or children and original birth certificate/s of child/ren or marriage certificate). Documents not in English, German, French or Italian require a certified translation. Photocopies of documents are also required. All fees are non-refundable and will not be refunded if your visa application is not successful.

How long is the visa valid for?
A student permit is valid for the length of the study period.
Visitor visa is valid for up to 3 months.
Transit and airport transit visas are issued to nationals wishing to pass through Switzerland or continuing on a connecting flight to another country.Holders of transit visas must leave Switzerland within 24 hours of arrival and holders of airport transit visas must continue their journey within 48 hours.

Other information:


I would like to extend my visa. What must I do?
Based on the prevailing division of competence between the Federal Government and the cantons, the cantonal authorities are responsible for the extension of visas or the granting of aliens police residence permits. For this reason, we ask you to address your enquiry directly to the cantonal migration authorities responsible for your place of residence.
Please note that, in general, you are only permitted to stay in Switzerland for a maximum of 3 months within any 6 month period.

I have to send a letter of invitation. What format should I use, is there an official form?
You do not need a special form for the letter of invitation. However, the letter should contain the reason for, and the length of, the stay as well as details about who is financing the stay in Switzerland.

I have to submit a sponsorship declaration. Where can I find the form?
You will be given the sponsorship declaration form (formerly declaration of guarantee) at the Swiss representation when you present your visa application (provided a guarantee is considered necessary).

What documents must I present when applying for a visa?
Please contact the Swiss representation abroad responsible for your place of residence for detailed information.

I recently visited Switzerland on a visa. When may I return, what is the maximum length of time I can stay in Switzerland as a visitor?The duration of visits is limited to a maximum of 90 days within a six-month period, i.e. a total of 180 days within the course of a year. There must be an interruption of at least one month between two stays of 90 days. Shorter stays also marked in the visa remain reserved. There is, however, no automatic right to a visa.

My passport soon expires. Can I still use it to enter / leave Switzerland?

Please check the visa regulations for your nationality. If no specific information is indicated, your passport must simply be valid for the duration of your stay.

I would like to extend my visa. What must I do?

Based on the prevailing division of competence between the Federal Government and the cantons, the cantonal authorities are responsible for the extension of visas or the granting of aliens police residence permits. For this reason, we ask you to address your enquiry directly to the cantonal migration authorities responsible for your place of residence.

I have a Schengen visa. Do I also need a visa for Switzerland?

Before the entry into force of the Agreement between Switzerland and the EU Member States (probably not until December 2008 at the earliest), a Schengen visa does not entitle you to enter Switzerland. Thus you will need a visa for entry to Switzerland.

Exceptions: Holders of a valid passport and a valid Schengen visa from the following countries may enter Switzerland without a separate visa: Taiwan, Thailand, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi-Arabia, United Arab Emirates.

Persons with a valid residence permit from Great Britain, Ireland, Canada or a Green Card from the USA require a visa for Switzerland.

I am travelling in Europe and would like to go on a trip to Switzerland. How can I get a visa?

As a rule, visa applications have to be filed at the Swiss representation responsible for your place of residence. Should this be impossible, please contact the nearest Swiss representation. There is, however, no automatic right to a visa.

I would like to travel through Switzerland during my journey by car. Do I need a visa?

There are no exceptional provisions for transit through Switzerland by car. The usual visa regulations apply.

Work Visa

If your employer has applied for your work permit in Switzerland and it has been granted, you still must apply for a visa to enter Switzerland with the competent Swiss representation abroad.

To apply for the visa, you must submit the following documents to the competent Swiss representation:
One national (type D) visa application form, fully completed and signed by the applicant. For stays up to 3 months or authorisations for a 120 day visa, the regular Schengen visa application form should be used. Applications which are not duly completed, dated and signed will not be accepted. Please also indicate your e-mail address and a contact phone number in case additional information is required.
Two passport photos per applicant (very strict requirements, please consult the details on the webpage)
Applicant’s valid original passport, plus a copy
Visa fee (only money order or cash)
If applying by mail: one prepaid, self-addressed, return envelope with a tracking number

Embassy contact information:

Please contact the
nearest Swiss embassy for information on what documentation you may require to enter Switzerland.
French Schools in Switzerland, Business & Hotel Management School, Culinary School, MBA

Disclaimer: The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only, in good faith. The use of this website is at the viewer/user’s sole risk. While every effort is made in presenting up-to-date and accurate information, no responsibility or liability is accepted by the owners to this website for any errors, omissions, outdated or misleading information on these pages or any site to which these pages connect or are linked.

Source & Copyright: The source of the above visa and immigration information and copyright owner/s is the:
– Swiss Visa VFS Global – URL: http://ch.vfsglobal.co.uk
– Federal Office for Migration, Switzerland – URL: www.bfm.admin.ch
– Varsity Admission – URL: www.varsityadmission.com

The viewer/user of this web page should use the above information as a guideline only, and should always contact the above sources or the user’s own government representatives for the most up-to-date information at that moment in time, before making a final decision to travel to that country or destination.