Facebook Fan Page ::https://www.facebook.com/prapasara.blog

05 มิถุนายน 2555

Working in Switzerland

Work Permit

Working in Switzerland

Working in Switzerland

EU and EFTA nationals still need to obtain a work permit to work in Switzerland, but have the same opportunities on the labour market as Swiss nationals. Third-country nationals are subject to separate provisions.

Job mobility within Europe

Eures, the European job mobility portal, provides useful information and services to people who wish to avail themselves of the benefits offered by the Agreement on the Free Movement of Persons. "EuresInfo Switzerland" provides specific information for people interested in living and working in Switzerland.

Self-employment – EU / EFTA nationals

EU/EFTA nationals basically have the right to be self-employed in Switzerland. The brochure "European Nationals in Switzerland" provides information about the applicable terms.

Employment of third-country nationals – work permit policy

Work permits are granted as required by law at the discretion of the competent authorities. The following restrictions apply:

  • Swiss nationals and EU /EFTA nationals seeking employment have priority on the Swiss labour market. Job applicants from third-countries will only be considered when there are no applicants from the EU/EFTA member states.

  • Work permits are only issued in compliance with the established quotas.

  • Wage and working conditions (the same as for Swiss nationals) must be complied with.

    Under these conditions, exceptions are possible in particular for various professions and groups of individuals: specialists, executives of multinational companies (executive transfer), employees of international organisations and artists. For any questions regarding living and working in Switzerland, please contact the Federal Office for Migration (FOM).

    Self-employment – third-country nationals

    Third-country nationals are on principle not permitted to be self-employed in Switzerland. As a general rule, self-employment is only possible for third-country nationals who have obtained their settlement permit (C permit). For questions regarding self-employment, please contact the cantonal labour market authorities or the migration authorities.

    Agreement on interns between Switzerland and third countries

    Switzerland has concluded agreements on the exchange of interns with numerous countries. These agreements make it easier to obtain limited residence and work permits. People admitted as interns are generally between 18 and 30 and have completed vocational training. Interns may only be employed (max. 18 months) in their profession. The FOM provides extensive information on its website.

  • ( Source: http://www.ch.ch/schweiz/00157/00174/index.html?lang=en# )
  • ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: