Facebook Fan Page ::https://www.facebook.com/prapasara.blog

05 มิถุนายน 2555

Switzerland Visa Information


Visa Immigration

Switzerland Visa Information

Citizens of full European (EFTA, EEA) Member Countries are able to live and work in Switzerland but must apply for Jobseeking Permit that is issued by the Job Centre or can be downloaded from The Job Centre Web Site or a Work Permit from your potential employer.

Citizens the New EU Member Countries (Poland, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Slovakia, Lithuania, Estonia or Latvia) require a residence/work permit even if the duration of their employment is for less than three months.

You can find out more about the restrictions on the website of the Federal Office for Migration.

If You Are From A Country That Is Not A European Member You Must Obtain A Work Visa Or Permit To Work In Switzerland.

Nationals of certain countries can visit Switzerland for up to three months without a visa but will need to be granted a work permit or visa to take up employment.

Citizens of the following countries do not need a visa to visit Switzerland for up to 90 days: Countries of the American Continent (except Belize, Dominican Republic, Haiti, and Peru), Europe, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.

Nationals of countries not mentioned above will need a visa to visit Switzerland

To apply for visas please contact your nearest Embassy or Consulate of Switzerland

Switzerland doesn't currently have any working holiday agreements with other countries.

If you are staying for a longer period of time or intend to work or study in Switzerland you should check with the Embassy regarding visa requirements. For further information on visas that may be available contact you nearest Embassy Switzerland

Entering and staying in Switzerland

Switzerland’s migration policy has a two-tiered system for the admission of foreign nationals into the country. On the one hand, permit regulations are significantly facilitated for EU and EFTA citizens; on the other hand, conditions are more restrictive for third-country nationals.

Immigration of EU and EFTA nationals

The Agreement on the Free Movement of Persons has been in force since 1 June 2002 between Switzerland and the European Community as well as its member states. This gives citizens of the European Union (and EFTA) the right to enter and stay in Switzerland, provided they satisfy the requirements provided for in the Agreement.

How is immigration regulated for the new EU member states?

The free movement of persons between Switzerland and the new EU member states will be introduced according to separate transitional provisions, which are regulated in a supplementary protocol to the existing Agreement on the Free Movement of Persons. As long as the protocol is not in force, regulations will continue to apply as to persons from other countries.

Residence permits for EU and EFTA nationals

EU/EFTA citizens still require a residence permit and a work permit. The procedure for granting these permits has, however, been significantly simplified and is exclusively the cantons’ responsibility. For more detailed information about the procedure for obtaining these permits, please contact the Immigration Office of your canton. You can also contact the Residents’ Registration Office of your new commune for information.

Information and contact information regarding EU-Switzerland

The Federal Office for Migration (FOM) and the Integration Office DFA / DEA provide information and contact information for all questions regarding immigration of EU and EFTA nationals. They also publish the brochure "European Nationals in Switzerland", which provides information on conditions for entering and staying in Switzerland. "EuresInfo Switzerland" provides specific information on its website for persons interested in living and working in Switzerland.

Immigration of third-country nationals

Third-country nationals remain subject to the Foreign Nationals’ Residence and Settlement Act and its regulatory statutes, particularly the Ordinance on the Limitation on the Number of Foreign Nationals. Residence regulations for non-EU member states are restrictive and residence permits are granted at the sole discretion of the authorities.

Residence permits for third-country nationals

To submit an application for a residence permit, you usually need to show proof of potential employment in Switzerland. Applications are normally submitted by the future employer to the cantonal immigration or labour authorities. Entry to Switzerland is only possible once the cantonal agency issues a confirmation of the residence permit.

( http://www.ch.ch )