|Property Types in Thailand|
Sin Suan Tua - considered as separate property to a marriage are the following:
- Property belonging to either spouse before marriage;
- Property for personal use, clothes or ornaments;
- Property acquired by either spouse during marriage by will or gift;
- Khongman (dowry).
Sin Somros – considered as marital property are as follow:
- Property acquired during marriage;
- Property acquired by either spouse during marriage through a will or gift;
- Fruits of the Sin Suan Tua (fruits of the separate property);
In case of doubt as to whether a property is Sin Somros or not, it shall be presumed to be Sin Somros.
If you entered into a Thailand prenuptial agreement, make sure your Thai lawyer will take into consideration the provisions on property division therein specified.